-=Breelee.Inside.Out=-

a simple girl with simple wants in life

10.06.2004

[..taking time to realize helps..]

One day more to go it’s Corel 12 Product Launching to be held at the Mall. WE will be showcasing some artworks done by my students and yes I am the facilitator of the said event for ITE program of UIC. Taking this responsibility is so tough since in the first place I don’t have classes in ITE place most are from other planet. I know I can do this, it’s my 6th month being a specie in this institution but at least as far as I know I have changed my lifestyle and of course I am happy with my present work.


Students are hard to convince the fact that they are somewhat close-minded to this stuffs and that. I know there are lots of students who are capable of blasting out their talents but you know projects in their subjects sometimes flunk doing some pieces. I don’t want to force them to shell out efforts for these purpose I want them to realize and see from them that what i did is something that is once in a lifetime exposure (at least they could know how does it feel divulging their works outside.)

I still thank God for helping me with this because I was about to give up due to some undeniable circumstances, but my ideas and concerns work after all.

Last night I had an informative conversation with pixelcatalyst over YIM. He’s my mentor during my college and yes I ignored the chances he gave us in engaging IT related stuffs. I took up computer science because I want to see myself in a cubicle facing a computer and do some stuffs with it. I ‘d never even tried to think to teach because i really do hate teaching. But, you know I can’t traverse God lead me to this place where I am holding a marker, writing on the whiteboard and do some blah blah in front of smiling pink ladies. Yeah I am facing lots of computers (more than I have expected to have only one EXCLUSIVE only for me), and yet someone owns each of those. I don’t even own mine in our office, except with my sleeping-for-many-months-PC at home.

Let’s go back to the talks I had with my great mentor. Why great? Because he taught me so much things to realize how important being a comsci product. He wants me to grow doing programming because that’s one of the jobs an IT product should do. You see how I changed, but along with it is the regret of neglecting my jobs as a comsci student in which to do simple to complex programming. I didn’t even know how to program of adding and deleting records after my graduation. Within two-month summer I studied Turbo C/C++ and guess what I was only producing output in my imagination because purchasing a computer for me is impossible that time. When i tried to apply for a job, I often went to my friend’s house and apply of what I have learned from a TURBO C/C++ book . Obviously producing so much errors is normal. I was trying to fix them and in the end I am somewhat learned that it causes too much headache.. I acquire things about that PL more than my 4 year being taught in college.

More of this later.. I have to take my lunch.

2 Comments:

At 7 October 2004 at 04:45, Blogger maks said...

Cheerup girl. You can do it. :D

 
At 7 October 2004 at 09:34, Blogger Avat@r said...

teaching is a noble vocation...but it should never be a reason for one to stagnate...innovate, learn new things and push your limits. And while you're at it encourage your students to do the same :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home